Having a well-liked and popular page on Facebook is one important way to achieve brand exposure, propel your brand, raise your visibility, build relationships and communicating to your audience properly, but first, you need to actually build your audience.
Why build an audience?
We are building an audience so that we can target said audience when we use Facebook ads to target people to visit our website.
Why is that important?
- Because you need to know your audience so that you can drive real results in your campaigns.
- Because that helps you to direct your content and make it something that resonates
- Because you need to find people that are similar to the ones that get your current content and audience.
How do you do it?
First you have to create a campaign and assign a value to it, for example we are making a $5 dollar campaign a day, this we create in 10 variations and target it to the geographic location that we believe our business can do operations in (some businesses can operate globally while some others operate in a smaller range, a neighborhood, etc.).
After we do this we are going to be waiting for the ads to be shown and we are going to be toggling the ads that are most efficient, some will get you a $0.08 cost, some others will deliver a higher cost, what’s important is to keep in mind that this will allow us to check which ads are delivering the best value over the others, this we call a/b testing.
Once we have enough likes we can do a demographic overview. through a demographic overview, we can see age and gender breakdowns, education levels, job titles, relationship statuses and much more. Which will give you a perspective on who is the consumer of your brand and adapt that to further marketing endeavours. Facebook has multiple ways that help you do this, as follows:
- Through social listening that allows you to find people’s interests and hobbies.
- Through insights that let you see and get inside the lifestyles of people to see the types of people that are interested in your business.
- Through interests, you see what your audience cares most, and you can separate your audiences through multiple time sets, for example, millennials, generation X and baby
A Canadian example.
In Canada, for example, it allows you to see that for example millennials use mobile to navigate through almost every aspect of their lives, and you can adapt your marketing strategy accordingly.
Other suggestions that can be used to contact someone through Facebook marketing are:
- Investing in high-quality sites, mobile apps and creative ad campaigns that capture their attention.
- Making their lives easier through helping them achieve more with time-saving hacks, short tutorials or special deals.
- Telling stories with video and engaging them with behind the scenes stories.
- Fostering communities, trying to be inclusive and engaging with feedback on Facebook and Instagram.
If this feels like a lot of work, don’t worry! Smb-Connects has experts and tools that help you do social listening and enhance your presence in social media. Get your FREE snapshot report today!